Brian R. Bregman, Esquire
Mr. Bregman practices a wide array of areas, with a focus on:
- Criminal Defense and Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury and Plaintiff’s Litigation
- Corporate / LLC / Business Litigation and Disputes
- Small and Medium-Sized Business Matters (Corporations / LLCs)
- Tax (Including Defense of IRS and State Exams and Audits)
- Administrative and Regulatory Issues
***UPDATE: Mr. Bregman was chosen as a Super Lawyer for Super Lawyers 2015 Magazine (Washington, DC and Maryland)***
Mr. Bregman’s Philosophy and Practice of Law:
Over the years, Brian has also developed several niche practice areas:
- Student Disciplinary Defense
- Professional License Defense
- Administrative Hearing Defense (for hearings before an Administrative Law Judge, at the Office of Administrative Hearings, the Motor Vehicle Administration / Department of Motor Vehicles, and other hearings and administrative tribunals)
- Public Safety Personnel Law (firefighters, police officers, EMS workers, and healthcare practitioners such as doctors, nurses, and other licensed providers) for a variety of services pertaining to their professions and specialized needs:
- Representation of fire departments and other agencies
- Administrative and Regulatory Issues
- Labor Disputes and Issues
- Disciplinary Hearings and Trial Boards
- Professional License Revocation and Suspension Hearings
- Public Safety Purchases and Contracts
Brian takes pride in achieving the best possible results for his clients, regardless of the circumstances and the challenges. He takes the necessary time to thoroughly work with his clients, assure that they understand the situation and the legal process, and know that he will be fighting for them.
Brian has successfully advocated in countless cases for his clients. He has achieved superior results through careful planning, preparation, attention to detail, and listening to his clients’ needs and goals. His philosophy is that everyone should have access to an attorney, and therefore, obtaining excellent legal representation should not be unduly expensive. Most importantly, Brian is often complimented for going the “extra mile” for his clients, never settling for an inferior resolution to the problem. He enjoys a challenge and the gratification that results from achieving the desired outcome.
He is aggressive and a strong advocate for his clients, working strategically to achieve superior results. Discuss your legal matters with Brian, call the office immediately at: (301) 362-0009.
Mr. Bregman’s Background:
A Washington, D.C. native, Brian was raised in Prince George’s County. From an early age, he developed strong ties to the community with his work as a volunteer firefighter and Emergency Medical Technician with the Prince George’s County Fire Department. Brian has further developed and strengthened these ties with community leaders and organizations with his near-20 year experience with the fire department and Emergency Medical Services. He continues to serve as the Volunteer EMS Liaison / Coordinator for the Prince George’s County Fire/EMS Department and as a Volunteer Firefighter/Paramedic for the Greenbelt Volunteer Fire Department.
Over the years, Brian has held numerous positions and worked in various capacities in the fields of emergency services and public safety, including working as a paramedic and paramedic preceptor licensed in the District of Columbia, working in critical care transport for a nationally-known trauma center, working as a paramedic for the City of New Orleans, as a firefighter/paramedic for the United States Government in Antarctica (near the South Pole), and others. He has also worked as a Forensic Death Investigator for the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, State of Maryland.
Education and Experience:
Brian graduated summa cum laude (with Highest Honors) from the University of Maryland, College Park, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Government and Politics, graduating with a 4.0 GPA. He lived in New Orleans, LA, while attending his first year of law school at Tulane University, then returned to Maryland to resume his education at the University of Maryland School of Law (a top law school, ranked 42nd in the nation, along with being 6th in the nation for Clinical Training and 8th for Trial Advocacy), where he was 5th in his class (Spring 2005), graduated with Honors, and was inducted into the Order of the Coif for academic achievement in the top 5% of his graduating class. He also was awarded a Certificate in Health Law from the School of Law’s Health & Law Program, which is ranked 3rd in the entire nation. 1
Brian was previously a Judicial Intern to the Honorable Alexander Williams, Jr., United States District Court Judge in the District of Maryland (Greenbelt), and was also the participant in a special University of Maryland Law School Fellowship at the Federal Public Defender’s Office (Baltimore and Greenbelt). Brian opened up his law practice first as a sole practitioner, working one-on-one with his clients to achieve superior results, before joining forces with his law partner, John Bascietto, to form their current law firm, Bascietto & Bregman, LLC.
United States Supreme Court
Maryland Court of Appeals
All Courts within the State of Maryland
District of Columbia and the DC Court of Appeals
United States District Court (Federal) for the District of Maryland
United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
United States Tax Court
United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
United States Court of Federal Claims
United States District Court for the District of Columbia
U.S. Army Court of Criminal Appeals
Navy-Marine Court of Criminal Appeals
United States Court of International Trade
Professional Associations and Memberships:
|Maryland Association for Justice (Formerly the Maryland Trial Lawyers Association)
Maryland Criminal Defense Attorneys Association
Prince George’s County Bar Association
District of Columbia Trial Lawyers’ Association
Superior Court Trial Lawyers’ Association (SCTLA)
American Academy of Forensic Sciences
International Bar Association
National Association of Medical Examiners
The American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators
The American College of Forensic Examiners Institute
Libertarian Party of Maryland
American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
National Rifle Association (NRA)
Ancient Free & Accepted Masons of Maryland (Master Mason and a member of Collington Lodge #230 since 2000)
Certified Member of Mensa since 2000
In his spare time (what little time there is, when he is not fighting for his clients’ cases!), Brian involves himself with several hobbies:
- Firearms collecting and target shooting (he is a certified NRA firearms safety and personal protection instructor)
- Travel (Brian enjoys traveling around the world, and has traveled to such places as Antarctica, India, China, Hong Kong, Macau, various parts of Europe including Holland, England, France, and Germany; Singapore, Haiti, Thailand, Nepal, New Zealand, Japan, Cambodia, Vietnam, the Philippine Islands, the island of Palau, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Kenya, Mexico, El Salvador, Panama, Costa Rica, Canada, and the Dominican Republic)
- Forensic Pathology
1The University of Maryland’s Law Clinic Program, which educate young lawyers in the more practical aspects of the law, is ranked 6th in the nation (US News & World Report ).
Contact Us Online:
John J. Bascietto, Esq.
Brian R. Bregman, Esq.
Administrative / Paralegal Staff:
515 Main Street
Laurel, Maryland 20707-4117
Phone: (301) 362-0009
Fax: (301) 362-0020